The Facilities Maintenance Custodian works under the supervision of the Facilities Coordinator and is responsible for the efficient execution of maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds during regular and non-regular business hours. This individual performs various janitorial duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of Petra communities. Expected outcomes include extensive cleaning, painting, and minor repairs of vacant apartments to a market ready status, working as a team along with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by Petra Community Housing. The successful candidate MUST live within 15 miles of 201 S. Main Street, Spring City, PA and have experience in landscaping and snow removal.
Essential Job Functions
- Cleaning of all common areas and office space in each building
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as wet- or dry-mop floors, shampooing rugs, VCT cleaning and waxing, washingwalls and glass, removing rubbish, and pressure washing.
- Empty trash cans, replenish bathroom supplies, landscaping, grass cutting and snow/ice removal.
- Prepare or assist in preparing all vacant apartments to a market ready condition.
- Dust furniture and equipment, and replace light bulbs.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of cleaning and restroom supplies.
- Apartment/general paint preparation and painting.
- Follow company procedures regarding safety and emergencies.
- Provide assistance to the maintenance staff when requested
- Assist with resident functions, as requested.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to prepare written reports regarding inventories, maintenance work orders, and maintenance issues.
- Strong customer service skills and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic tools and grounds-keeping equipment such as rakes, ladders, leaf blowers, power washers and power tools.
- Demonstrated custodial experience.
- Previous experience in a related maintenance field.
- Demonstrated painting experience.
- Entry level computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Combination of: High School Diploma, 2+ relevant experience
- Available to work evening and weekend hours. (On-call required)
- Physical stamina to perform duties.
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance.
- Must maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screening to qualify for position
MUST LIVE WITHIN 15 MILES OF SPRING CITY PA
- Floor Care
- Landscaping Experience